Coleccion Alexandra bets on green energy
Coleccion Alexandra commits to renewable energy by installing solar panels for self-consumption
Coleccion Alexandra has taken a step further in its commitment to the environment by installing solar panels for self-consumption. A sustainable self-sufficient energy source that reduces CO2 emissions.
The solar energy produced will be consumed via an internal network, whilst surplus energy is redirected to the grid on weekends and during periods of high efficiency. The software programme counts with a monitoring system accessible via an app showing energy generated and consumed in real time.
Elektrosol, a company with 15 years’ experience in renewable energy and specialising in solar energy, has headed the project.
The solar panel system consists of 200 panels and will generate an estimated 123.000kWh a year. Of this 79% will be for self-consumption and the remaining 21% will be redirected to the main grid. The goal is to reduce CO2 emissions by 35 tons annually which is the equivalent of the contamination that 37 standard homes produce.
From now on, 64% of Coleccion Alexandra’s energy consumption during furniture manufacture will be sourced from its own solar panels, making it a high efficiency company committed to eco-friendly and sustainable business practices.
“A commitment to sustainable self-sufficiency, with a renewable and inexhaustible source of energy that avoids the emission of pollutants. “